Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 02:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused New Member

Hello, everyone. I suppose I'm just looking for like-folks to talk to. I was diagnosed as Obsessive-Compulsive many years ago and currently my psychologist is looking into some sort of mood disorder. I am a HUGE packrat of just about anything and everything...part of it is attachment and not wanting to throw things away and part of it is that there is SO much stuff and it makes me anxious that I can't organize it all in the time it would take a normal person because i'm so particular about the way things have to be organised. I'm a compulsive hand-washer, to the point where my hands are chapped nearly the entire year. I constantly do things without thinking about them, such as locking the doors every time i go out OR in, which drives other people in the house crazy and then at night even though i know i lock them subconsciously, checking them over and over and I can't sleep without knowing they are locked. I'm always fearful that I didn't unplug something that may catch fire or turn off things like my curling iron to the point where i'll turn around half way to work to go make sure it's off/unplugged. I'm always also disinfecting things. I have four cans of lysol throughout the house, baby wipes, disinfectant wipes, and anti-bacterial gel. It's just gotten to the point, lately, where with added stress at work and home, I finally had to go see someone because I feel myself losing control over my temper and have had numerous outbursts of crying and/or screaming, cursing, hitting things, kicking things, etc. I also have lost 25 lbs and am not sleeping correctly. I'm on prozac but it's not seeming to be helping anymore and i have sores on my head for the past three months that i itch at unknowingly when i get anxious. I think that somewhat covers it. That's my life =-/ Sorry for spewing and nice to meet you all.
mennayriu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote