View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 08:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sally,
I think Cherie hit the nail on the head when she said, "we should not whine". As nurses, we are taught and trained to take care of others, and often our feelings are thrown into the wind. I don't think any of us are better than any of you. We MIGHT be better than some of the physicians who take care of us.

But, to know that we are not alone would make me feel like I have the right to be angry and to whine. I feel hesitant to do so in public, because as the nurturers in our profession we tend to take care of others. There are times that we feel that we need to be taken care of ourselves, but don't know how to ask for the assistance.

I hope that gives you a better understanding of where I was coming from. This wasn't meant to say that we are any more special than anyone else. I also just wondered WHY I have been noticing an increase in the numbers of nurses diagnosed with MS. As someone pointed out yesterday, nursing and teaching are typically all female professions, and we are aware that MS strikes females at a much higher rate than it does males.

Chris
Chris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote