View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Actually, the ACCORD study is not primarily about diabetes, it's about heart disease in diabetic women. And about Blood Pressure. ACCORD stands for Action to control Heart Disease in Diabetic Women.

They are trying to determine who gets a heart attack first, the people who are in the intensive study, or the people in the conservative study. I was in the conservative study, but my body responded like I was in the intensive study.

Then, a few months ago, something happened and they STOPPED the intensive study and put everybody in the conservative study. Didn't affect me because I'm doing good. Thank god for that. But I'd like my blood sugar to be around 100 when I wake up in the morning. That's why I asked about the r-lipoic.

I see them on May 30th. I'll run it by them. I don't expect to find any problems. They are quite proud of me because I completely changed my way of life and broke their protocol. Something about my a1c going down lower then was expected in the protocol. They said "not good for the study, but very good for YOU".

And, from what I've gleaned from speaking to them about supplements, they have no faith in them whatsoever.

Don't worry,I'm not taking anything till I speak to them.

Thanks much.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote