View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 02:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There was a little girl in my daughter's pre-school group where I helped out regularly. The parents had also been told she would not survive the night, she would not live longer than a few weeks, she would not exceed three months, she would never walk or talk, etc. etc. as she progressed and progressed because her parents worked hard with her and refused to take no for an answer until they had to. She was 2,5 years old at the time, walking although shakily, talking although not very talkative, obviously of at least normal intelligence, and the only thing that looked a bit odd about her that she moved a bit slowly and shakily and that her head was slightly big.

Like the other lady said, they just don't know. What I learned from those parents though, is to take initiatives yourself. Trust your own thoughts and intuition if you think your kid can do more than they tell you. Excercise, be creative in your solution-seeking, don't sit back and wait for the things the docs offer to work by themselves. Be very loving and affirmative.

These docs know that your child is very fragile because at any time, like the other lady said, something can happen in the brain and you might decide that they obviously made a mistake and sew them because only yesterday they said something hopeful. Also they try to prepare you for the worst.

Anyway this is what I think of it for what it's worth.
minymo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote