Thread: Provigil
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 10:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Patricia I have only taken 1 Provigil, so maybe I am not really qualified to say how I felt. Anyway, I did feel that it gave me the mental (not physical) edge to move forward somewhat, unlike when I have not taken one. For example, when I take Mestinon it is usually good for about 2 to 3 hours and then I need to rest and I don't feel mentally or physically strong to keep going. If I try and push I only feel worse and sometimes out of breath and achy in the area right below my breasts (diaphragm?) where I have been trying to sit upright and really need to just lay down. Back, neck and eye muscles can ache too...... Sometimes I use a heatpad on my diaphragm or back area when I am laying down and resting.

When I took the 1 Provigil I did not feel shaky, maybe a little hyper, but not a nervous or bad type of feeling.

Yes, I have found that "pacing" myself is the key. I have by my bed a paper that I write down the time I take my Mestinon. (It helps me to keep on schedule and not overdose like I did one time--yuck.) I usually take 1 1/2 pills at least every 3 hours. I usually lay down about every 2-3 hours for about 30 minutes to 60 minutes. Yes, I REST ALOT! I have recently retired and have found out I feel better now that I am home and can lay down often. I try and schedule any type of activity right after a nap and at the beginning of a new dose of Mestinon. Then I am good (most the time) for at least 2 hours before I need to rest again.

My life has become very simple that I am now home. I try and be more appreciative of the little things of life. I try not worrying about how dirty my house is, etc. My husband helps alot. He does all the shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc. I help when I feel I am able. Retirement is one of the best things that has happened to me most recently, along with a grand-daughter.

Did not mean to ramble, but you caught me off guard I hope I answered your question.

Last edited by snidermame; 10-19-2006 at 10:53 PM.
snidermame is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote