Quote:
Originally Posted by maryfrances View Post
Well, it's been a week and
I am going back and forth
with my emotions.

What I'm feeling right now is that:
I am damaged goods........
no one will want me now
I ended a 4 year relationship that I had to end, and I had afterthoughts later because I figure nobody will want me now because I have pd.. Maybe, I thought, I shouldnt have ended it for that reason..But feelings are not facts..I ended that relationship because trust had been violated, and I can feel what ever I am going to feel, but I know intellectually, that although I may have pd, underneath that disease is a live person, who still has the ability to love/be loved and life a fulfilling life, pd or not, and I do not have to compromise, settle for less, or to be a doormat for anyone because of it..When I read the posts on this forum, I see more sensativity, compassion, understanding, and consideration for others, than I see in my daily endeavors out in the rat race..I read about talents, and passion..I read about people doing the best they can to fulfill their duties as spouses, as employees, as parents, etc, and we have to put in more effort than well people..sometimes all the effort we can physically muster at the moment..Everything we do, requires more intentional physical and emotional effort than it does for the average bear..We are only damaged goods in the eyes of shallow people, and we do not have to bow down to those types to be accepted..They need only to walk a mile in our shoes..Damaged goods are the same as beauty is..It is all in the eyes of the beholder..I believe it is a two way street..There are people who knowingly marry raging drunks, and violent abusers everyday of the week..So there is plenty of hope for us parkies..Dont beat yourself up Mary..It is not your fault..Sometimes these tragedies are blessings in disguise..I would like to believe that when one door closes, another one opens
maryfrances (05-11-2008)