View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 08:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena274 View Post
Hello to all,

I have Sinusitis (maxillaries) pains since ages. There is no mucus at all, mucus membrane is totally dry and makes compression into eyes. My cheek bones and eyes are always painful. I look change and swollen as well and very sleepy.
In the case, my mucus opens it flows into throat. I feel much easier. I have tried all possible: drops, sprays (it makes situation worse). Long time ago I have got injection (in abroad) on the place right, between neck and shoulder blade. Few years was very good.

Because of Sinusitis I have Trigeminal Neuralgia. The only thing has helped me were pills with hydrocloride as also all kind of warmth. When I wash my hair I have to lie in the bed all day. The worst things are my eyes: they are painful all the time.

http://www.emedicine.com/neuro/TOPIC219.HTM

Unfortunately I had 2 sinus surgeries and one with permanent nerve damage before this was figured out! Once I started Topamax for my other severe migraines and headaches and the symptoms eased (along with seizures that started after the last surgery) I found what was really going on. I still can have sinusitis, but I can now tell the difference.

I hope you can figure this out!

Ginny

Doctors say, all that are reflex pains and come from neck muscles. The only diagnosis about muscles is: Levator Scapula syndrome.

I want to know is anybody there that has the same.

Thank you in advance,
Helena
Have you looked into MIgraine Variant? I have a problem with sinusitis as well, but after treatment it goes into a Migraine variant that mimics Sinusitis just like you talk about. No mucus, no other signs, but it feels just like a sinus problem. It was my brain tricking me into thinking the infection was still there. A CT scan would be clear.
Guitarmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote