View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 03:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

I am sorry I startled you by the way I expressed myself. I will be more careful from here on.

Yes, I meant a root canal. There is no problem with my immune system or anything similar, and the only reason stated for pulling instead of trying to cure was, as I said, that I don't need it anyway. Also she said it would be needlessly expensive if the cleaning up did not work and I had to have it pulled anyway. I only need the small molars right behind the canines, is what they told me. I am not used to these holes in the back, now I chew in front a lot and sometimes I embarras myself because the food nearly sticks out.

I have a cousin who is a dentist, I spoke with him because I felt deeply shocked that the dentist coerced me into having the tooth pulled. I had been in a lot of pain for five days with the jawbone infection and her assistant told me that if it did not work and the pain became unbearable and I decided to have the tooth out anyway, she would make me wait at least another five days, she would not make an appointment with me quickly. The first two molars they urged and urged me to have pulled before I went for plaque removal around all my teeth. So this was the third tooth pulled I did not want.

Anyway, my cousin also told me that this is the prevalent point of view among dentists in The Netherlands. I do have a total coverage health-and-teeth insurance that I pay a lot for. I feel I am entitled to the best I can get and to make my own choices. This dentist did other things I disagreed with, I was real fragile at the time, and I have been in shock for weeks, very unsure whether I was in the wrong, and crying a lot, feeling betrayed and threatened. She had done painful things to my other teeth for 45 minutes before she bullied me into having this one pulled. And the pulling only took 2 minutes. If it had become an emergency, it also would have taken only two minutes. I could have waited for the anesthetic to work outside.

Last edited by minymo; 05-12-2008 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Forgot something
minymo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote