Thread: seizures
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 05:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused seizures

I hope I am posting to the right place. My name is vicki I am 54 years old. I started having seizures when I was three months old. then had polio at 15 months old and first diagnosed with post polio in 1985.

I am currently looking for information on seizures. I am having an EEG in a couple of hours and seeing a new neurologist the end of the month. For the first time in my life I am ready to learn about seizures so I really do not know much right now. My grand mal seizures have been very sparadic. I had lots of them from 3 months till 3 or 4 years old. then did not have another till I was in my late 20's and then did not have more till three years ago. I have now had 6 or 7 in the past three years.

From what I am starting to learn I think I have had partial (or I am not sure of what type yet all my life). Not sure if it was normal with seizures back in the late 50's and 60's but doctors always looked at me like I was making things up when I tried to explain what went on in my head and I learned very young just not to discuss certain things. I did alright with this till three years ago when things have become more constant.

Things get complicated when you add the post polio because many things could be symptoms of pps.

The information on seizures on the internet is quiet involved. So if anyone has any ideas where I can start to get some more generalized information I would be greatful

vicki
nanavic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote