View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 08:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi

I know what you mean about the loneliness. I have experienced strong fear of loneliness in the past. I had reason to, at the time, but what someone repeated to me until I finally got it, emotionally, is: nothing is forever. Good things like friendships may not be forever, or they may be out of reach for a while but return, someone angry with you is not forever, and thank goodness the bad situations are also not forever.

Also I learned to every day enumerate what/who I am grateful for to have in my life. And to pray to my personal Higher Power. I had to learn to trust and believe in a Higher Power, I was unable to because of having been raised with loads of anti-theistic statements, evidence and sceptic dogma's. But I kept praying and telling myself my HP could and would give me everything I need, regardless of whether I deserve it, because my HP is about mercy and love only. After only a week I got every (reasonable) thing I asked for within a day of asking for it. It was truly flabberghasting. And it kept going on and on. Now, if I want to change something about myself, like a characteristic that leads to unhappiness or loneliness for me, the first thing I do is ask for it in prayer. Then I start looking for solutions, and I am sometimes guided to the oddest places. But the beginning of change is present real soon. Stupid thing though, I keep forgetting to ask. Still in the habit of trying to solve things alone.
minymo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Idealist (05-12-2008)