View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 10:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Starting Avonex today... any advice?

Good morning!

I'm starting Avonex this afternoon, and I'm finding myself getting really apprehensive. Does anyone have any advice on managing the side effects that aren't listed in the brochure? Also, I have a date for a concert on Thursday... and I'm worried that I won't be feeling up to it. Is there anything that I can do to mask the effects for the evening? Energy drinks, advil, etc? Am I just being naive?

On a side note, speaking of dates... does anyone have any fabulous advice for how long to wait to tell someone you're dating that you have MS?

I'm mildly affected by my MS right now, so it's hard to swallow the fact that I'm going to be deliberately giving myself the "MS flu" several days a week, in exchange for a slowing of a disease that isn't even really affecting me right now (although I have 30+ brain lesions). Logically, I know that it is the right thing to do, but it's just so abstract. Grrrrrr! This is tough stuff to deal with.

Any advice from you fabulous MS veterans have for me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Planning to be a "glass half full" kind of gal...
just as soon as I get my head around this.

Rissa_TX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote