View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 01:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Gerbil. I am an early PCS survivor at 6 months, but I do have many of the same symptoms as you.

I would also recommend a vestibular physiotherapist (like someone else suggests further on) to help with the dizziness/balance thing. It really did help me.

Also, I finally got my eyes rechecked last week, and will have a new pair of glasses for computer work (which I do all day). Apparently my vision changed in the distance field that a computer is from my eyes, and this could be causing the fatigue and headaches I've been getting at work. The doctor suspected that stress could be why my eyes have changed since my fall and they could change back but it could take a long time. All my other eye tests were okay.

Lastly, I just did a five hour flight (with one stop) this last weekend, and it went okay. A bit of a headache on the first leg, but I just took some Advil and is went away. After that, I didn't need to take anymore Advil.

Good luck,
Marg

[...I am an anxious flyer anyway and this sort of added to my fear. Maybe I am talking out of my butt, I don't know. Would just love to hear from others who have flown with PCS, head injuries etc. How did you get on, did you encounter any problems or increased symptoms, especially if you have ear problems or bad balance?

Thanks and get well soon.

Gerbil.[/QUOTE]
MargN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote