View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 12:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Linda,

Thanks for helping with these drugs...I was prescribed four new drugs this week and have not started any...I am so darn pill phobic. My docs think I am non-compliant, but in truth I am scared to death of drugs. I react terribly to them and I hate the having to wait for them to be out of the body....I have read good and bad things about both drugs. All of my docs with the exception of two have pushed and pushed for me to be on the Neurontin...I mean my pcp handed me a script and said trust me....I just cannot bring myself to put one in my mouth...I do not know why, yet I have taken the Topamax....The Topamax was difficult to get used to though too..It took weeks...but now I have to try two new drugs for pain and two for the stomach...It is too much too soon...so I will take it one step at a time. I had to pay out of pocket for the Cymbalta since the insurance would not approve it...I did not want the Effexor...I heard terrible things about that as well...I hate having to use any drug...

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote