View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

When I was growing up we always had a cookout on Mother's Day and the whole family came over. We had a big backyard and our driveway wrapped around the house and went all the way down to a big patio.

We always made homemade peach ice cream (the peaches came from my Aunt's farm in SC). My Dad bar-b-qued chicken on the grill and we sat outside from sunup to sundown it seemed.

We had a neighbor who loved my Dad's chicken so he would always come over to say "hi" right about time we were eating!! It was OK - we liked him!

We had an old picnic table that was HUGE - I don't think they make them that big anymore. It always had patches of resin on it so we had to put newspapers before we sat down.

My Dad had to have a badmittin (sp?) net up and we always picked straws to see who would get to play first.

It's funny the things we remember.....
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (05-13-2008), SallyC (05-12-2008)