View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 02:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default buying food from Amazon.com - AMN / MomXseven

Hi - I didn't want to hijack Chris's post but I was reading about money and AMN and momXseven and others who order food/home goods from Amazon.

I checked out Amazon and the free shipping program - can you all tell me a little more - what kinds of things do you order - are you on the program so they automatically send goods periodically.

Most of all - do you find this to be a good way to save money ????

I have also checked out the Agelfood ministries and will be telling my daughter about that. I help her and her family out financially as I am still working - still clinging to my job with all that is in me. But - that looks like such a good alternative for her and her family. I followed the link and there were some churches near our area that are set up and doing that.

I checked Local Harvest but the closest one to me is still a drive across town through traffic and I just know that I am not willing to do that right now - I don't feel well enough to fight the traffic and risk a car wreck. It sounds like a wonderful idea though and hopefully that will catch on in a big way in the futer ! Sounds much like a local farmers market.

I am wondering about buying the baby supplies from Amazon and what other supplies that you buy and find as good deals there ???? Home delivery would be so nice. I find that when I go to the store - I will, without doubt, come home with stuff that I do not need !!!! I MUST start watching every penny now that I am noticing that I am spending half again as much on food and supplies - it is awful !!!

I am going on a cruise this fall - it may be the one and only one that I ever go on for all I know so I am going to do it before it is too late. By too late, I am talking financially and physically. I have been frugal all my life and never had anything to speak of - but - I am going to do the cruise !!! But, in the mean time - I must watch every penny that I spend due to the increase cost of absolutely everything - it is shocking !!! And I will continue to help my daugher and family until they can truly get on their feet so that is taking a good percentage of my earnings as well.

As a side Note - my daughter and her family are also very frugal and never take advantage of me. She is a good daughter married to a wonderful young man and they have a beautiful baby.

"Probable MS" Symptoms since winter 1996/97
Cervical Spinal Stenosis
Hashimoto's Disease
Fibromyalgia

Some days you're the windshield.... some days you're the bug.
snoodles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote