View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 04:37 PM
dennis11

dennis11

Default What tests do I ask neuro for?

I've an appointment tommorrow with the head of Neurology at UCLA and have read most posts here multiple times in preparing (amazing at how erudite many here are), so that I can ask for every test that can help shed some light on just what is going on.

Since the begginning of the year I been suffering from site specific neurpathy following surgery. But in the past few weeks I've 'blown up' so to speak. My pain, centered around abdominal incisions, slowly migrated to my right hand, which became numb; down to my thighs; creeping down to my right foot; and then inflaming the total of my arms and legs and upper back. This was exacerbated, perhaps, by exercising (treadmill). Also, my dose of Lyrica increased to 300mg a day. I also statarted small doses of Acetyl L-Carnitine and ALA. As the rest of my body succumbed, my abdominal pain abated, or took a secondary role. I've been wiped out since.

By now I'm in freaking out mode, fear-filled as perhaps there is more going on with me than I realize. Initially, I had, I think, pretty eleaborate blood work done, along with MRI's, EMG/NCV tests. Everything tested came back negative. But in trying to figure out exactly what was tested in looking at Liza Jane's Charts, I'm a little befuddled. On the charts there are many items listed which may or may not be in my list of tests. Also, I have no idea what Liza Jane's tests are or what one calls them when talking to your neuro.

The main reason for the nero visit tom. is to try to get a skin biopsy. But given what's occured recently, I want to get every underlying test I can. That said, what do I ask be tested?

Thanks to anyone who reads/responds.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote