View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bryanna, is there any truth to what the newest surgeon told me? They don't want to do implants in my upper teeth, but the pros head said they could do that. Then the pros intern doesn't want to, then he talks to the new surgery intern and all these reasons come up that no one has referred to before.

Am I making a bad decision for myself when I insist I want implants for the anchor teeth in my uppers? Are my upper gums above the bridge too narrow for me to have implants on the canine teeth that are anchoring them. That sounds like bull to me. The bridge teeth don't touch the gum. They're anchored across the gum by canines which are original.

If I complain to the state dental board (=to ADA), they'll inspect the complaint, but only if I agree that their handling it rules out my rights to a legal action. There is no time limit to when they will begin or end looking into a complaint, and there is no guarantee that the work on me will continue.

Even now, I know there are nasty things that hurt - physically and mentally - when these people do not want to make this right. They've already started. The meeting that the advocate got for me with surgery was pleasant, everyone listened kindly, and no one answered even one question I asked about the subjects. They've let me have a hearing, but I'm probably never going to see them or hear from them again.

The advocate was pulled off, the dean won't see me. I am a dirty word at the dental school because I complained. And nicely, too. I am just a number to them - not a person. And I have reasons to believe - not paranoia - that the word has been passed all over the medical community - not just the school.

I told my daughter that I needed a 'second opinion" dentist but I doubt I can get one who'll not have some connection with the college. I've looked on the internet to find info about dentists in nearby communities. I can find where they received their degree, etc., but there's no way to find out all the zillions of other ways they might be connected there.

Bryanna, your help has been invaluable to me in understanding some of the problems I've had. I don't think there's any hope in trying to meet with any of them again. I'll just have to open my mouth only for surgery. I need some clout , and I don't have any or know anyone now who has some.

If you see a miracle walking around, grab it for me and send it quickly! I can't see anything else working. ANYBODY know ANYBODY who might be able to help?
jon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote