Old 05-13-2008, 04:56 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Hello Peace of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace of Mind View Post
Sorry Brokenfriend, I didn't realize you were in the OCD group as well. I know I already replied to you in the bipolar group, but only because I really identified with your symptoms and how you were feeling. I try to tell all who have similar symptoms what worked for me. I'm curious too if the excercises, I suggested help others. I was ready to throw in the towel, until recieving a combo of therapies, antidepressants, CBT, EDMR, and yoga. The yoga did wonders for me. Now I work full time as a staff accountant. A really brainy job that keeps my mind focused. Caution: Some yoga is stimulating and some is calming... Stick with the calming poses.
Exercise helps only a little. I've been a weight lifter,I've taken boxing lessons,I've taken Karate lessons,I've jogged,I've walked,and worn out shoes. I'll even work on science projects,and other projects. Thanks' though. A good punching bag helps. I need to buy a punching bag again. Yoga,and some Karate Kata procedures are similar. It doesn't help me very much. I hope it helps others. If I would start off with yoga,I'd curve back to the Kata procedures in Karate. I was into that for awhile. Brokenfriend
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-12-2009)