Thread: Watch Out
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Those email scams have been around for years.

Alan gets at least 50 a day in his email and I get at least 10. They are either from the Nigerian Government telling me that some lady married a dead guy who left her one billion dollars and she wants to compensate me so I should give her my name, address, phone number, etc. etc.

Then there's the lady who uses God, and prayer and asks me to bless her ailing child and because she is from another country and she has 12 million dollars, she needs a place to hold it, and she'll COMPENSATE me in the amount of One Million, and all I have to do is pay the Fed Ex guy $250.00. So she wants ME to wire the FED EX GUY $250.00. Not the Fed Ex company, mind you, BUT THE FED EX GUY. Then she gives me an email to contact and I gather he would tell me where to wire the money. Oh Yeah, like I'm about to do that.

I get these emails every day of my life. EVERY DAY.

Some are the famous Nigerian Scams (look that up on google).

I decided to have some fun once, and I replied to the person. "Sure, send me the million, just send it to my paypal account".

Then they contacted me back saying THEY LOVE ME, THEY ARE MY FRIEND, but they need my social security number FOR SECURITY PURPOSES.

I'm still getting (in fact, I got one today), in horrible english, by the way, telling me "why haven't I heard from you, I'm travelling and I have no time to contact you, so please contact my friend and wire him the $250 so you can claim your inheritance.

That's right. I am entitled to an inheritance from a complete stranger.

Or I won the Irish Sweepstakes and I just have to send them the tax.

Oh please.

If anyone ever gets an email telling you that you won a gazillion dollars and all you have to do is pay a security charge, JUST DELETE THE EMAIL.

I do this every day. I wish I could stop them, but I can't.

So I delete.

DELETE, DELETE DELETE!!!

Should be my middle name.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (05-13-2008)