View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 11:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For sure, neurologists DO not understand the adrenal gland. If you have been on steroids, you do need to taper down or you can die from adrenal crisis. Even when I was in the hospital, and I am a steroid dependent person due to having my adrenals removed due to Cushing's disease and needed steroids to LIVE and the neuro residents would not give me steroids and almost killed me that way. They simply do not understand how steroids really work - they think they are anti-inflammitory or magic but fail to see what they really do to the body long term which can be damaging to bones, muscle and eyes and shuts down the adrenal glands.

You have to taper off to make sure your adrenal glands wake up to take over their essential function. If you are nauseus, achy, feverish, low blood pressure and feel horrible, you may be in trouble. Look up adrenal crisis to make sure that you are not having any issues. Get medical attention and tell them you were taking steroids.