View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 01:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I really feel for your situation. PCS is toughest on high achievers, and I really believe you have PCS. I am ~6 months PCS after a fall on a cold Canadian street. All my symptoms are like yours, but I am getting better, slowly. Things that came to mind for me while reading your post are:

- Have you considered pressing charges against this former roommate? Regardless of the situation, no one deserves to be assaulted - it's against the law.

- Have you considered seeking out a guidance/career counsellor at school? You cannot do your studies with PCS and someone should know so that you can postpone things until you are better.

- Drinking will make your symptoms WORSE. I agree with PCSmom that you should get to a doctor and consider an anti-depressant. This step helped me out as I was starting to get really freaked out (i.e. panic and anxiety attacks). And like she said, they help reestablish some brain neurons.

- You have to stop any activities that make your symptoms worse. That's the reality and the beginning of getting better. I really struggled with this one too, and eventually went to a pyschologist for help in coping.

It was about at 3-4 months that I hit the wall of reality and had to "surrender" to giving my brain time to heal. In the end, I realized that none of my activities or job would be possible without a functioning brain.

Know that there are many others in your situation. We have all felt your anxiety and pain. There is lots of help and ideas on the internet, but don't work on the computer for too long if it bothers you. Force yourself to bed.

Hang in there..this too shall pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmagnetic View Post
Hello to any that read this,

I've been doing much reading in this forum concerning TBI's and PCS. I'm a bit frightened. I feel that I may also have a form of PCS, and judging from the descriptions and stories I've read thus far, I can certainly relate with many of the symptoms and fears some have here. ... Please help.
MargN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote