View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 02:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Enigmagnetic

I also am so sorry for what you are going through. It truly is unfair but I have found out there is no-one, once you are an adult, that will see to fairness for you, except you. That is why I also urge you to:

1. Stop drinking and damaging your brain even more, even on top of not giving it a chance to heal. Every experience in life creates new pathways, tiny tentative one's, that could give you your possibilities back if you repeated the action that created the pathway. You are killing them off right after they are newly created and then some.

2. Concentrate on healing, take the advice of the lady with the daughter, sleep enough, ask a doc for help. Nothing is more important than that, if you lose your job for now you can in future get another one like it or an even better one if you only focus on healing now. Don't postpone it, I saw what happened to my brilliant uncle, who'se concussion was not taken care of in time, it weren't pretty. Your life and health are more important than your job.

3. Come clean with someone on your job, like a trust-person for personnel, as well as a private doctor/psychiatrist about what happened and how it is affecting you a.s.a.p. Your healing process will take time, there will be no miracle instant cure, all the while you will not be able to function at your former level. You will have to face the reality that you will probably lose your job, which is based on what you could do before. You need to retain your credibility more than ever, which you will only do by leaving a paper trail, in case you need to get help from a lawyer or any other official. If you leave this too long, people will assume you just "lost your touch" and are afterwards coming up with excuses. That will be a real loss of credibility.

Sorry to be so clear-cut with you, maybe it seems harsh and unfeeling. Just trying to spare you some things you will probably experience if you don't take appropriate action a.s.a.p. I do feel for your fear, your humiliation, your pain. I just don't want you to go anywhere instead of up. What already happened to you is bad and painful enough.
minymo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote