View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 07:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi49 View Post
Doody,

I just wanted to mention something Franck alluded to. I am in pelvic floor physical therapy and I do have spinal issues going on with L4/L5/S1. I have had the sacroilliac injections, an ESI and eventually an RF. The RF helped moreso than anything. I only got about 1 week's worth of relief from the other.

I am completely amazed at how well the PT is working. But know it is specialized; there are not many therapists that do this. And all of this was based on recommendation from my Urogyn and spinal PM. Actually, it was recommended for minor prolapses as surgery was not warranted at this time.

It has helped tremendously with SI pain, piriformis, groin and hip pain as well as the sciatic type of pain I was having. I still have problems with the coccyx as it was fractured at some time in my life and is painful. But the more internal and external work she does, the better that is getting. And I didn't know it at the time but my left hip was in a locked forward position.

Anyway just a thought; I realize everyone has different issues. I am just saying it has helped me a great deal. It is not for everyone but it makes sense that if the pelvic floor is the stabilizer of the SI joint then perhaps this is why this is helping so much. Then again, I have had no surgery in the lower spine.

What is RF and ESI? Sorry, I'm not familiar with the abbreviations. Thanks in advance.
Dee911Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote