View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 10:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Cherie, Chris and any other medical professional who might happen across these boards - I for one do not see you as nurses but as people, first and foremost. Therefore as people you are entitled to experience and feel the same frustrations, fears, anger, upset, confusion and angst as anyone else.
I used to be a professional too before I was told by the profession that people with MS or any visible disabilities are no longer welcome in the profession. It was very hard to lose that identity and lose my sense of self in that respect. Maybe, just maybe, part of the frustration and anger you are feeling is down to that loss. Then again maybe not, what do I know.

All I can say is I personally welcome and embrace you for WHO you are, not what you've done with your life professionally. I don't expect any more or less from you because of your medical training - quite frankly one has nothing to do with the other.

I'm sorry you've been the target of ignorance, but please don't lump us all in that same pile. It makes me angry to hear that you've been treated this way because you have a nursing background, that's crap and the ones in the wrong should be told it. Please stick around, your input is valued.