View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Everyone has given you great advice about the R/R aspects of this disease, but once you understand that, I think what is most important is to learn how to keep the effects/symptoms in perspective. If we do not learn to adapt to our current "norm", no matter how ugly or annoying it might be, then the stress of that is likely to cause even more symptoms.

I remember the days when my biggest obstacles were intermittent fatigue, pain, numbness, etc., but by that point I had already experienced a very gross paralysis attack. Every day I woke up and thanked GOD that those intermittent and relatively minor symptoms were all that remained from that relapse, and hoped that I never had to experience that again.

The next time , I was again reasonably lucky with healing . . . and have fortunately continued to be "lucky" every time since as well. I have ongoing symptoms, to the point of being unemployable now, but they are seriously nothing like the way that I KNOW things CAN be.

You have to learn to go with the flow, Erin. You are still relatively new to this disease, and it is going to take time to adjust emotionally, but you do will have to do that eventually. That's almost the only 'control' we have.

Cherie