View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 02:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post

Interesting that he says leave LDN though, at least until you (MAY) become advanced or traditional meds don't work. I suppose he looks at LDN as a last ditch effort.

LDN can be taken with Copaxone, and if he is inclined to EVER give LDN a try, I'd be pushing to combine the two right now. JMHO.

Cherie
He does have people on LDN. I could have asked for a prescription, and I am sure he would have given it to me. I didn't get the idea that he looks at it as a last ditch effort, rather than a "treatment." He says I don't need a "treatment" now, I need to be "preventative." Kinda like even though I may become depressed at some point, why "treat" it now when I do not need it. Rather, wait until the time comes where it will do me the best good.

At least that is what I took from it.

He also wasn't very impressed with the results from LDN yet. He says there has not been enough studies done to see the real effects of it - BUT, he does give it to pts he treats. He is hoping more studies are done, because it is pretty harmless as far as side-effects, unless pain is an issue, then you have trouble with pain meds working while taking LDN.

I am still reading up on it. I have some literature to give my neuro, because she isn't familiar with a lot of the "other" treatments for MS, so there may be someone she is seeing that could have a good result with it.

Had onset attack in 4/2000

Can stop blaming myself for symptoms now.

Visit me on
beautytransforming is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote