View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyqz_2007 View Post
This is one of those times when I read something but still don't quite get it....(cog fog I guess and it's happening more and more ) Please bear with me.

None of my sx's have gone away (except ON but I still get the blurry vision, judging distance and trouble seeing at night) I can't remember a day in the last year that I have not had some kind of weird numbness, vertigo, pain, pin pricks, etc. I have days where I don't feel any sx's but they never fail to leave completely.

There have been a few times when a sx or two will be worse than before but nothing so drastic that I feel the need to call the neuro. I went through a few weeks where I fell several times when trying to stand. A couple new sx's have popped up as well, but I don't want to go the steroid route, at least not for now.

I too don't like the labels placed on MS, you either have it or you don't (IMO) but was told I'm RRMS. The problem I have with understanding RRMS (MS in general I suppose) is the flares, and the "remmission". If I continuously have sx's am I still considered in remmission? If the "old" sx's get worse is that a flare? And if new ones show up does that mean it's advancing to a different stage?

I hope this isn't too confusing, it's just that I could never figure all this out and sometimes the explanations don't quite make sense to me. lol

That's where I was confused too. How do you know when you're in remission if you're still having symptoms that are coming and going all the time?

I understand relapsing, that's where you get brand new stuff that lasts longer than a day (the way I see it, if it's a brand new neurological thing that you've never had before, and it lasts for more than a week, it's a relapse or some sort of flare)

If it's like the tingly arm that I had all morning that went away after I had lunch (hummus in pita bread and salt & vinegar potato chips...yum!) That's just some old damage or possibly a little bit of L'hermittes dropping by to remind me that I have MS, or I slept wrong.

If the RRMS acronym doesnt really go with what that stage of MS does, maybe they should change the name, or find a new acronym. Instead of Relapsing Remitting, maybe it should be called MS Lite, or Early MS or something other than what they have that makes people think that all the symptoms will go away until the next exacerbation.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suzyqz_2007 (05-14-2008)