View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It works for Germany...

How about the US adopts the "loser pay" rule for lawsuits that has been so successful in cutting down frivolous lawsuits in Germany? Guess who is most opposed to that-you guessed it, lawyers! (Read Catherine Crier's book "The Case Against Lawyers" to get an idea of just how bad the problem is in this country). But it sure would cut down on so many of the frivolous suits out there, as well as other benefits...

Just a side note to the comment about polluted herbs from China. I learned just last week that many of our "organic" foods are coming from China as well as other countries. Yet they bear the "USDA Organic" label on them. A call to the US Dept. of Agriculture yielded the shocking news that there is a third party certification system that oversees crops in other countries and which certifies whether a crop meets US organic standards...talk about the fox guarding the hen house! These certifiers are not even US citizens, all that is required is that they know what our organic standards are. Yea, right.

So I guess the point is that "USDA Organic" does not mean, as I thought, that it is organically grown here in the USA. Hope not everyone knew this already but me!
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote