View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
maybe they should change the name, or find a new acronym. Instead of Relapsing Remitting, maybe it should be called MS Lite, or Early MS...

Could you imagine the outrage if people called it, say, “mini-MS”?

A friend of mine, who has since passed (remember us talking about Grassman, Erin?) used to call it “baby-MS” (I think that was the term), and all he!! broke loose on the forum when he said that. Of course, to someone who had very progressive PPMS, that ultimately lead to his death in about 10 yrs, I'm sure he viewed what many of us with RRMS go through as a walk in the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
That's where I was confused too. How do you know when you're in remission if you're still having symptoms that are coming and going all the time?

I don’t know if you’ve ever shattered a bone, but sometimes it doesn’t heal properly. A joint close to it may never bend again, it may ache in the cold, the slightest amount of pressure can cause it to hurt, we may favor it and by doing so might causes muscle pain in our calf, etc. It is basically the same idea, but because it is nerves that are damaged, the result is more all-encompassing. We will “heal”, but we may continue to have symptoms based on certain triggers.

Cherie