View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Bryanna. I guess I should explain a bit. My potential problem at some point is this. 47 years ago my four front teeth were pulled and then a temporary denture was put in and hooked, if that's the word, to the eye teeth. That was worn for I believe about 3 months and then a bridge was put in and the eye teeth were capped and that's how the bridge is anchored. At that time, the eye teeth were ground down to points I do believe. They probably don't do that now.

At any rate, I suspect at sometime in my life the bridge will break down or whatever and I will need some teeth. I do not plan at all to have implants so then it would be false teeth. And, I suspect we would be talking about the front four teeth plus the eye teeth as I am certain they would be ruined. And boy are caps, bridges, etc. expensive now. Can't believe it but guess it's all relative.

The palate you talk about is the roof of the mouth? Mine is by no means flat. So then I guess there would be some suction there, correct? I still have all my teeth less wisdom teeth and one back molar on the bottom. Hopefully, I will retain most of them.

It was so ridiculous for me to lose my front teeth way back then. I say that because they were perfectly healthy - no cavities - and it was done instead of getting braces. How I regret that as I now know what can happen. But, I was young and talked into it by my parents. Wish that could be done over again but of course it cannot I have a small mouth if that means anything.

I have always heard that bottom dentures pretty much move around. My husband has that now with only two teeth left on the bottom. But adhesive is doing a pretty good job and the lining the denture man did. Tomorrow he gets a new one so we'll see how that goes. At some point, he will lose the other two lower teeth and so will have a full lower denture. But whatever works, works

You explained things very well and I really do appreciate it. I hope you can follow where I'm coming from as well. Thank you so very much for your help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."

Last edited by Kitt; 05-14-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote