View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 11:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
I've had several episodes of worsening of previous symptoms. One that I can trace directly to an infection from some dental work. I consider that a mini-flare from a fever/infection.

I've had another episode of optic neuritis, this time in the right eye that started in February, and was never more than just pain and a little bit of fuzzies in the eye. That only recently has gotten a little worse, actual blurriness in the eye.

I think I'm just annoyed at the fickleness of the MS...it make me think that it's backing off on me, and as soon as I expect it to leave me alone for a bit, it comes flying back in to torture me some more. It's just annoying as Heck.
Yes, it is. Just when you get used to dealing with one thing, it changes...

Infections, stress, irregular body temps, all those can cause psuedo-flares. Temporary worsening of symptoms that resolve after recovering from whatever triggered it basically.

I think that if the trigger is not removed, it will cause a full flare, or a full flare will develop if you do not allow yourself to recover from whatever triggered it...this is my own thought and not from any literature or doctor.

Diagnosed w/RRMS May 2006
Avonex failed me but Tysabri has done wonders fighting my MS
wyldkatt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote