View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 07:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I spent Mother's Day in Michigan with my family!!!! 2nd year in a row that I was on vacation on Mother's Day. My nephew got married last year on the day before Mother's Day! Had a great vacation too, my grandkids are all growing up so fast, my grandsons are getting so tall, even at 10! We grow them tall in Michigan, even my granddaguhters are tall!! My newest grandchild is just 8 weeks old Saturday. He is so precious, was 4 weeks early and he is still tiny, just a little over 7#. I think I took 100 pics!

Was a good vacation--my neuropathy wasn't as cruel this trip, but I have lost 38#, so maybe that has helped some! The last 200 miles in Michigan, my butt did want to stand up--I can't fly, I am too big a coward. Then on the trip home, my left leg was either numb, or having it's little electrical shock fits--the worst was sitting in traffic here. We sat in line at the Throgs Neck Bridge waiting to pay the toll for at least 1/2 hour or more, then we were in bumper to bumper traffic on the LIE for about 10 exits in 15 mph traffic and it wasn't even commuter traffic! We're home now, and I can relax and get the kinks out!!

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote