Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 11:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default trimengial neuralgia cured non-invasively

Hi, I was finally diagnosed with this illness after numerous visists to dentist, courses of antibiotics, a referal to a maxio facial surgeon as my jaw was thought to be the problem, and finally a diagnosis for this painful illness. My GP just happens to be a homeopath, acupuncturist and skilled in chinese medicine. He put me on homeopathic treatement and started acupuncture. After the first treatement the pain and occurance escalted for around twelve hours and then reduced, the second treatment had the same effect although the pain was far less. By the time I had my third treatment the pain was all but gone and flared up only mildly for less than an hour. Since then I have been symptom free inspite of all the usual triggers. I urge suffers to explore this alternative approach with a skilled practitioner. he results in my case have been miraculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j75035 View Post
I am a new member and trying to learn more about Trigeminal Neuralgia. I was recently diagnosed and am taking Lyrica. I started at 100mg twice a day for about 3 weeks and had to move to 200mg twice a day about a week ago. Yesterday I had two episodes and am wondering if this is typical. From what I have read, 300mg three times a day is the maximum safe dosage and I am concerned that I will quickly get to the maximum dosage and still have pain.

My pain started about 10 months ago as a "toothache" in my right lower jaw. I went to my dentist and she referred me to a periodontist who then referred me to my neurologist. The pain typically manifests as severe pain in the right lower teeth, very similar to a toothache, but sometimes I get similar pain in the right upper teeth or right side of my face. It's like the worst toothache you can imagine and lasts for about 10-15 minutes. I sometimes have the sharp electric like pain but that only lasts 5-10 seconds.

My MRI showed an arachnoid cyst in the right cerebellopontine and cerebellomedullary angles that extends into the region of the right nerve V root entry zone. The radiologist report said "Flow-voids are identified in the region of the right cranial nerve V root entry zone which may be responsible for symptoms of trigeminal neuralgia.". My neurologist seemed to think that the arachnoid cyst might be causing the neuralgia and suggested I try Lyrica or "just live with it". I have had several friends suggest getting a second opinion from a neurosurgeon but have not done so yet. Any advice?
duffydacat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote