View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 02:25 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Ribbon

My Sister and I went to DC for advocacy week to see what we could do to help. The people we met and the experience of seeing such an amazing community of advocates was beyond inspiring. We posted a video of Ken and Glenda Patterson arriving at the Tomb of the Unknown soldier as they lay a wreath in honor of those who lost their battle with ALS. They made this long and stressful trip to bring attention to anyone who might see them and I would hope that everyone would take a moment to send them a thank you. What they stand for is an inspiration and they have dedicated their lives to making a difference. We are so honored we got to meet them, that we were able to be there and we are more dedicated than ever in exposing this disease to the world and helping to fund a cure. Their web site is www.rolloverals.org
We have a site at www.myspace.com/stopals
and you can see their video at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmmU5NTHk7I
as well as another of the Ormsby Girls who traveled from California to read their speech on Capitol Hill.
Stay tough.fight hard
stopals

ALS/MND Registry

BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (05-15-2008)