View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 06:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots Kat View Post
Hi Nancy Lee,
I'm sorry Mestinon alone isn't working for you! I experienced the same this past year. I had been on Mestinon alone for about three years and then my symptoms started to worsen so my Neuro felt she needed to adjust my meds. Instead of going straight to IVig she put me on steriods and azathoprine. When that didn't help I went in for Ivig. I had no allergic reactions or any problems with the treatment, but I felt weaker for about four days after the treatment. I had to take almost two weeks of work (I kknow for some of you that's nothing, but it was a big deal for me). Once that initial period of weakness passed things started to really improve. Because so many medications and things were changed all at once I can't say what made the positive impact, but things have absolutely been better over the past month or so! There is light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm still taking steriods (currently trying to cut down on them - I'm taking 60 mg one day and 40 mg the other) and azathioprine (150 mg daily). I also still rely VERY heavily on my mestinon (60mg every 3hours). The Ivig treamtent itself was great, I spent a very relaxing five days in hospital chatting with other patients and just "chilling out". I hope this helps!

Good luck with everything!
~Kathy
Kathy,
Thanks so much for your reply. I hope & pray that the IVIG treatments will help me. I am not a candidate for long-term steroid use (due to arthritis, my hysterectomy in 06, and the fact that I experience a lot of side effects, even when on 10mg for a short term) I will wait & see! Thanks Again!!
Nancy Lee
nancylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote