View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Don't be ashamed

I'm sure that she knew that it was the end of your day,and you where exhausted. She knows how tough life is.

I hate to say it,but I know fellow workers. You see,they don't care. They would do it again. Work ethics are gone pretty much.

I'd get in trouble for working overtime to finish the jobs. Then I'd punch off the clock,and work another hour to catch up,and finish the jobs. I'd get in trouble for that too.

I know that my fellow workers wouldn't help me,and I was in a bind. I conscientiously wanted to fix the problems that no on would touch,and in the end,instead of getting credit,I got in trouble. Not much though.

I also got paid less then them,and was there much longer then them. They would sometimes sneak away,and drink down in the basement of the Supermarket in the late shift. After 14 years of it,I was increasing my work load,and still no raise,and no appreciation.

I felt good on the inside though. I felt fulfilled,I felt like I made a difference,and I genuinely wanted to help my employers. They knew it,but the back stabbing in that store was ramped.

You tried. That show's me good work ethics,and character development. I did the same thing. I'd work,and go home,and crash. Around vacation time,the last four years I didn't go anywhere. I rested.

They tore down the cheap Apartment Complex that I lived in,and people in the area where tearing down other affordable Apartment Complexes. Suddenly in 2004,I wasn't making enough money to live in the Capitol City where I lived all my life.

That job was my life. They where sorry that I had to move,and they held a party for me. At my Party, the Assistant Manager said I'm going to really mis you,because I could really mess with you. He was half smashed. I was sober. I was thinking He was always throwing head trips at me. I was thinking,"Gee Thank's".

Later I heard he got some of the jobs that I left behind,that where difficult,and where taken for granite. Brokenfriend