View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Abilify and TV commercials

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed the new Abilify commercials on television every 20 minutes?

I looked up info on the med and see that it was just approved for children with BP I .

Mari

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/99195.php

Quote:
ABILIFY Approved For Acute Treatment Of Bipolar I Disorder In Patients 10 To 17 Years Old

03 Mar 2008 - 3:00 PDT

Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE: BMY) has announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the supplemental New Drug Application for ABILIFYŽ (aripiprazole) for the acute treatment of manic and mixed episodes associated with Bipolar I Disorder, with or without psychotic features in pediatric patients (10 to 17 years old).

ABILIFY has been approved for the acute and maintenance treatment of manic and mixed episodes associated with Bipolar I Disorder with or without psychotic features in adults since September 2004 and March 2005, respectively.

"Pediatric bipolar illness is a serious condition," said Christoph Correll, M.D., Medical Director, Recognition and Prevention Program, The Zucker Hillside Hospital and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Glen Oaks, New York. "The availability of an additional treatment option that can help guide decisions in managing Bipolar I Disorder in children and adolescents is welcome news."

The approval is based on results from a four-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in pediatric patients (10 to 17 years old) with Bipolar I Disorder that demonstrated efficacy with ABILIFY compared to placebo on the primary efficacy endpoint, mean change from baseline to Week 4 on the Young-Mania Rating Scale (Y-MRS) Total Score.