View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 03:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My son has some things he is still reacting to that we can't isolate. Sometimes he gets glutened just playing with other kids too (like at vacation bible school).

I find that supplementing his B vits and zinc is EXTREMELY important during these times. I also make sure he gets an epsom salt bath or two to help draw toxins out through his skin. I don't know why this works but it does.

I must say that I've found zinc will reduce his 'twitches' if any arise. After being contaminated at VBS, his one eye started twitching (blinking) more this time. He is a tiny 6 year old (35 lbs?) and it took almost a week of supplementing 25 mg of zinc every day and then basting him on the arm with some 5% iodine twice throughout the week.

I couldn't figure out why this worked... but then read that autistic kids are severely deficient in zinc. He's not autistic but I figure there can probably be other people out there who require higher levels of zinc.

A couple of years ago he used to take a deep breathe about every 3rd word. It wasn't like an asmtha breathe, it was like a 'twitch'. Zinc got that too.

Last thing I'm trying to find the answer to lately is his stilted speech. He doesn't exactly stutter... it's more like hesitated speech in between words. Like they used to say Einstein did... Anyway, I'm trying out vitamin A in the form of chicken livers and cod liver oil. I'll let you know. It's certainly helped his mood along with the zinc.

Sorry so long. I've been out of touch for so long that I feel like I need to catch up.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote