Thread: ON and flying?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Catch

As you can probably guess by my user name, I am a pilot. Although I haven't had a problem with ON, I do have problems with my vision. I wear corrective lenses for distance vision and have to wear very dark sunglasses when I am out in the sun. I haven't had a problem passing my annual flight exam.

Unless you have significant problems with pressure changes, I personally don't think you will have any problems during your flight.

Frist of all, the cabin pressure inside commercial airplanes is kept at a comfortable altitude so it shouldn't bother you. Having said that, it would depend on whether or not any pressure bothers you specifically.

I have MS and sometimes pressure bothers me. Do you have problems when you drive up a hill? Or when you take an elevator up to the top of a tall building? It would be the same type of pressure change. Or even when the barometer changes from a high pressure to a low pressure.

You could take some medication to relieve the pressure if it does bother you such as valium, xanax, or even a decongestant. But other than that, I would just relax. If your eyes bother you, then put a cool cloth over them and put down the window shade.

Do not hesitate to ask one of the Flight Attendants for assistance. They are there to help you.

Enjoy your flight!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Catch (05-15-2008)