View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 10:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Shands Neuropathy Center in Jacksonville, FL

I went to the Neuropathy Center in Jacksonville around the end of March. This hospital is listed on the neuropathy.org website. Apparently there are a few of these hospitals around the US that specialize in all types of Neuropathy. (I have peripheral neuropathy due to diabetes) To make a long story short, my husband and I went to this appointment with high hopes, only to be crushed a few hours later. The neurologist looked at all my medical records at my appointment and made me walk across the room and a few other observation tests while in the appointment. He then says, yes you do have peripheral neuropathy. I told him about the feeling that my neuropathy is going into my stomach. He said more than likely that can happen. Well, I was thinking he was going to test for it. All he said was I needed to see a good pain management doctor and not a neurologist and he didn't need to see me again. I did go see a pain management doctor but I would up in the hospital twice due to a shot I had done in my back. So I am kind of leary about going back. I take lyrica and cymbalta which seems to help for the most.
Anyways I got a call from Shands in Jacksonville. The appointment person said there was a different doctor that wants to see me. I can not imagine why and how did he know about me? Do you think maybe he looks over what the doctors have done that day and he found my case to be interesting? I don't know and really don't know what to think about it. I go on the 21st. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how this doctor got my info and wanted to see me? I am puzzled! But, I am glad I am getting a second chance to go to this hospital.

Thanks,
Michele

Last edited by Cowcntry; 05-16-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
Cowcntry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote