View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 01:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Gabapentin

thanks!! actually I was given the supplement for B6 and Vit D. The reason I asked in relation to Depakote, is because I used to be on INH for 9 months (inactive TB), As soon as I started on INH I became more ill than usual, and as soon as I was done with it, I started to feel better - of course this is all relative. My sxs are up and down anyway.

And I'm taking on the Depakote with levocarnitin since my ammonia level was high (due to Depakote). I take Depakote for headaches. It works very well, so we decided to deal with side effects and keep on it.

And I had liver function test every month or two (and ammonia level) while I was on INH. Because as you said, they both could cause liver damage. At the same time, I was also (and still) take Ibuprofen and Tylenol. usually I rotate between them or taking them together when the pain is too much, or taking both in small doses to minimize side effects. I already developed mild NSAID induced gastric ulcers. But i thought my liver is more important, so I decided to switch completely to Ibuprofen, (with prilosec) and only take Tylenol when I simply could not stand the pain.

The thing, though.. my neurologist thinks I don't need the liver function test anymore. I was a bit worried but I knew I could trust him if something happens.

And yes.. Actually Neurontin was the first drug that they put me on, and the dx they gave me was migraine. The name Gabapentin is kind of misleading, don't you think? the actual structure of the two (GABA) is very different, stereochemistrily speaking. And if they are not metabolized, how could it do the work?? in fact they found its antiseizure effect by chance.
agnuscrucis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote