View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamgam View Post
First let me say thank you for this section of the forum!

Next, I have a question about peonies. We moved into a new house last fall that has some of everything in the yard. This little lady kept her yard with a variety of what looks like a gardening catalog.

There are several areas that have different colors of peonies and what I wanted to know is if I snip the blooms off, will they bloom more for the season? Or do they just have their own course of things? I have never had them before.

Thanks
Peonies only bloom once each season. It's best to cut off the dead bloom stalks once they have bloomed in order to allow the plant to maximize it's food production for next year to the bulb from just the leaves and not the flower stalks.

Here's a good link for information about Peonies. I have several Peonies in my garden and just love them. I will be dividing mine this fall as they have gotten quite large!

http://www.flower-gardening-made-easy.com/peonies.html

I am glad you like this part of the forum. Brain and decided to do it as she is very good with tips about some things and since I have a landscape design business that I started after I graduated with my Bachelors Degree in Horticulture we put our collective heads together to help answer questions!

This is fun to do and I really enjoy answering the questions posed by our community! Thanks everyone!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote