View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 02:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'll step up to the tacky plate...

Everyone is so wonderful and supportive, especially in such really difficult circumstances on top of the PD, and I believe and agree with everything I've read so far on this thread....

BUT! I have not heard anyone pipe up about what a louse your soon-to-be ex is, for bailing on you when the times started to get tough. Yes, better to know now, than later. (This goes for friends who bail, too). But what a jerk, all the same. (Unless of course he has a change of heart, then perhaps there can be some redemption...lol).

I almost fell out of my chair when I read your post worrying about being "damaged goods". How can you possibly consider yourself damaged goods when he is the one who bailed, particularly given the circumstances?

Anyone who would bail on their spouse because he or she has PD, or any disease for that matter, is the one who is "damaged goods". I mean, really, what sane person would want to spend any amount of time with someone, once they found out that that person bailed on their spouse who was ill? What does that say about the person's character and value system? Not that you would spend any brain energy or time thinking about it, but I doubt many people would consider such a person worthy of even the most casual of friendships.

I hope these comments make you laugh at least a little, feel a little bit better, and help you to continue moving forward. I'm sorry if I've overstepped my bounds with this posting, but I guess I felt someone had to say these things out loud. I hope you had a great birthday!
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
maryfrances (05-16-2008)