View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Okay, I just replied to you but I deleted what I wrote.

I took the bull by the horns, and I actually got Alan's doctor on the phone (no small accomplishment).

I said "You gave him Crestor, it's got a really bad rep, what do you think about it?" I also said "I have read up on this drug and it's really the strongest of all the statins". He said "I'll be honest, of all the meds, this is the one that really reduces the plaque and I want to give it a shot". I then said "what side effects should we look for? and he said "muscle pain, muscle weakness", and if that happens just call me".

Then I asked him "what about the low platelet count", he said "Don't worry, it's not that low, I'm running another blood test next month". I then said: 'do you think it could be attributed to the Plavix and Aspirin?" and he said "it could be, but I want to run another test next month and we'll act on that'.

I thanked him. (Actually it's so hard to get this guy on the phone BECAUSE EVERYBODY CALLS HIM AFTER 4 P.M. AND THAT'S WHEN HE RETURNS CALLS, ETC.

I was lucky to get him on the first try.

So, having no power to tell the doctor 'ALAN IS NOT TAKING THIS", I honestly don't know what to do.

I believe I've done all I can do at this point. I really don't know what else I can do except to wait and watch.

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote