View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Blood tests and IVIG are NOT

Consistent!
Didn't you recently say that Alan had had Infusions? Like in the last 7-14 days?
Please read this web site about 'prescribing information' or another brand's for information about the fact that IVIG CAN AND DOES distort many blood tests!
http://www.baxter.com/products/bioph...gardliquid.com
I have gone the gauntlet of many more blood tests than I care to have had recently because some blood tests [taken the week after infusion] were even more weird than the tests I've been having which are taken by a lab the DAY BEFORE I receive my next infusions.
The last time it was done? I had soo many false positives and negatives for the strangest things that it would boggle any mind. It is hard for doctors to 'register', but, the best time for ANY AND ALL BLOOD TESTS - IF you are on IVIG, is the DAY before your next infusion.
That is when the IVIG is at it's almost lowest effect and the more 'normal' aspects of YOU in your bloodwork shows true. To do otherwise is a total waste of time, efforts and everyone's money. I don't know about Alan? But, I for one want to make all "pokes" into me really count! Hope this helps? - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote