Thread: A poem to Dad
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 06:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCallion View Post
Nik-key

Anniversaries are awful... my dad died on June 21 [summer solstace- the longest day] and belive me its always the longest day to me. Plus in the UK Fathers day is always arround that time

Its hard..so very hard

David
David,

I am very sorry for your loss. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes.
Fathers Day here this year is the 15th, the weekend after his funeral. I imagine it will be very difficult indeed.

With my babies death, I have come to a time I am able to visit her memorial garden on each anniversary. June 6th, the day before my Dad's service .........
I plant babies breath and forget me not’s every single year, for her and the 2 babies I lost to miscarriage. It still hurts. I still morn for all she could have, should have been.

I know it may sound corny, but since that dream I had, where I saw her as a toddler with my Dad...as I said then, very odd! As I was never able to see her even as a baby - I have NO idea what she would look like.............well.......maybe I do now!! At any rate, since that dream, with her running through a field of daisies.......I don't know. It is so hard to express. I just get the silliest grin when I recapture that moment of her. Even if it was "just a dream"

David I wanted to let you know, the first day I came here lurking I read something you wrote, and something you have written to me since.....

"PLEASE always remember when your father chose to take his own life

ALL RATIONALITY/REALITY had left his mind at that moment..........Suicide s not a rational choice for anyone "

That echoes in my mind daily. I thank you for it Nikki

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-17-2008)