View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 09:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Also, don't make the mistake I did and presume that it's due to a physical/physiological change in your brain as a result of the trauma as this will only serve to make you feel less empowered to recover from it (although brains do heal/rebalance well albeit slowly).

Depression/anxiety is very common following MTBI and can occur after a very mild concussion. In some cases the injury seems to have a way of tapping into psychological weaknesses which may be underlying for whatever reason. I had experienced very mild depersonalisation aswell as panic attacks intermittently for the 10 years prior to my injury and it was as if the physical disturbance of my brain had brought these problems to the fore and intensified them. My belief is that the recovery is very much psychological. I think it's important to focus on what you love so that your mind has a sense of what it needs to get back to. To leave the tunnel you have to be able to see the light at the end!!!
And remember a lot of people have experienced what you're going through and 99 percent were better within a year.

Do you have any other symptoms BTW?
benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SkimbleShanks (03-11-2015)