Thread: MRI result
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 10:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default MRI result

I am new to this site and have a question about my MRI result. For about the last month I have been in horrible pain. Lower back-radiating down left leg with numbness in my thigh and pain in my knee. I spoke with my physician who ordered the MRI with the following results:
Abnormal extradural mass at the posterior lower L3 vertebral level which has peripheral enhancement. This is most consistent with a migrated and probably sequestrated disc fragment arising from the L3-4 level causing left lateral recess stenosis, deformity of the thecal sac and probable left L4 nerve root displacement. Follow up study in 2-3 months may be useful to document that this either remains stable or decreases in size and to rule out the possibility that this actually represents a neoplastic or other mass.
Broad base posterior disc protrusion at the T11-12 disc, mild posterior disc bulge at the T12-L1 disc, broad-base posterior disc bulge or protrusion at the L4-5 level and broad-base posterior disc extrusion a the L-5-S1 level.
Could someone explain this to me in a way I can understand.
Thanks!
kening is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote