View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 03:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Flopper,
Every month I have 2-3 days of clusters of sz. where I will have 5-8 sz. each day. I have complex partial sz. and absence sz. when I have the cp sz. I always start out by having an aura sz. and I've learned to tighten up the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists, by doing this it stops the aura sz. from leading into a cp or absence sz. for me.
My Epileptologist told me the reason why I'm having clusters of sz. is because the hormones are changing in my body each month. If you aren't keeping track of your sz. get a calendar and write down what time you have a sz. along with a discription. Also take note if there's a low pressure in regards to the weather because sometimes that can cause a person to have a sz. One sz. med I have learned to stay away from is Neurontin because it caused me to have absence status sz. which I had never had in my life until a few months on the drug. After I went off the drug the status sz. stopped. Here's wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote