View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwall View Post
I've ownd several window based notebooks. Dell, Hp All of them broke. My last one was a HP and it cost me almost 1600 dollars. Broke 3 days after the warenty ran out. The hingins broke "both of them" hard drive broke intearnly, Mot her board shorted out. I ended up selling it to a freind for 50 dollars.

Ive priced some macs and they are not cheap.
Brandon

Go to the apple store online and watch for deals of their refurbished Macbooks. I got a pretty good deal on mine. The warranty on them is the same as a new one and you get a better deal...they have been gone over with a fine tooth comb and according to the Apple Geniuses, are better than new ones.

I also have an HP Pavillion laptop that I paid about $1600 for and I've had trouble with the battery, the screen, and a couple of other things, plus it weighs a ton. I just can't carry it around anymore.

I refer to it as my brick now! Anyway, the refurbished MACbooks are a good deal...I paid just under $1000 for mine. And they ship it free and if you are close to an Apple store, you get FREE classes and FREE training, and FREE stuff...seriously. I would look into it. http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...m=CertifiedMac

I LOVE MY MAC book laptop.

Wait til AfterMyNap gets a look at this thread...she will answer your questions...she's a MAC expert.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote